Immigration and Relocation

  • Foreign workers must obtain authorization to work in Canada in the form of a work permit.  A copy of this must be provided to the department and Human Resources before employment can begin.
  • Incurred expenses in relocating you and your family members may be covered for some employees.  The offer of employment will indicate if an employee is eligible for reimbursement of relocation expenses.
Housing Assistance
  • Housing Assistance may be available when purchasing a new home for an employee's personal use.  The offer of employment will indicate if an employee is eligible for this assistance.

Spouse/Partner Career Program

This program is available to spouses/partners of newly hired and recently relocated faculty members and senior administrators.  The University of Saskatchewan's Spouse/Partner Career Program is designed to provide spouses/partners with professional support in their search for non-academic employment, either at the University or elsewhere in Saskatoon.

Real Estate and Renting

The University of Saskatchewan has positions located in various places within and outside the province. The university recommends using a reputable realtor when searching for your new home.  

Following are a few links that may be useful when looking for a realtor:

Association of Saskatchewan Realtors

Saskatoon Region Association of Realtors

Association of Regina Realtors