Online Application Instructions
New to USask? Create an online profile by providing your email address, a password and your contact information on the Job search page.Are you a current USask Employee? Log into the PAWS to be identified as an internal candidate for openings and view postings restricted to current CUPE 1975 employees.
How to apply for a position
- View the current job postings.
- Select the position you are interested in by clicking on the Job Title.
- Review the job posting. To apply, click on the Apply Now button. If you have already applied to the job you will see a message indicating the date you applied. If there is no Apply Now button there will be application instructions at the bottom of the job posting.
- After clicking Apply Now there will be a series of steps to complete. You may click Save/Return later at any time to return to complete the application at a later date.
- Complete the application steps and click submit. You will receive an email notification that your application was received.
Application Process Frequently Asked Questions
A job alert will send you an automatic email when a job is posted matching certain criteria. To set up a job alert email, enter the search criteria you would like to receive notification for. Click on Create Job Alert. The alert will be sent to the email address associated with your account.
Click on My Profile to see all Applications as well as the current review status. The following review statuses apply:
- Not Submitted – If you have not yet completed your application you can click Continue to reopen and complete the application.
- In Review – Your application is current undergoing review by the selection committee.
- Closed – You were not selected for the position. You would have received an email notification in accordance with this status. We encourage you to continue applying for other opportunities.
- Requisition Closed – The posting was closed or withdrawn.
- Hired – You have been selected, accepted a formal offer and are hired. Congratulations!
Please note that it may take some time for the hiring process to complete. You will receive automated email notifications when your application status changes.
Click on Add to Saved Jobs to the left of the posting. The posting will then be viewable from your profile.
Refer to the posting for the Hiring Manager’s contact information.
You cannot modify your application after it has been submitted. You may only withdraw or delete it.
- Login to your profile.
- Click on the dropdown under Application Status and select All to view all applications you have submitted.
- Find the job posting that you would like to withdraw your application from and click on the drop down to the right to select Withdraw.
You are only able to withdraw an application that has been successfully submitted. If you would like to remove a draft application that has not yet been submitted, find the job posting using the steps above and click on the Continue drop down to the right to select delete.
- Log into the Job site.
- Click on My Profile in the top right corner
- Scroll down to Job Alerts
- Click Edit >> Delete on the alert you wish to unsubscribe from
If you still have trouble accessing your account, please contact IT Support or call (306) 966-2222 or 1-800-966-4817.
If you have forgotten your password, click the Log In link in the upper right corner of the Jobs page:
Click Forgot Password?. Next, enter your username (which is your email address) and type the text into the Recaptcha editor. If your email address is associated with an existing account, you will receive an email with a password reset link. If you don’t see the email in your inbox, check your spam or junk folder.
NOTE: The email comes from firstname.lastname@example.org which you may need to add to your email account’s safe list to ensure delivery to your inbox.
Sessional Lecturers and Seasonal Employees
If you are not currently employed by the U of S, you will need to create an external profile to apply for current job openings.
You do not have access to the Career Centre and will need to create an external profile to apply for current job openings.
Ensure you are entering the correct username and password for your LinkedIn account.
- Ensure that your file size is under 5MB and is one of the supported file types for attachments.
- Ensure that the name of the attachment is 30 characters or less or else the file will not upload.
Can’t find the answer to your question? Contact our Service Group at ConnectionPoint@usask.ca or 306-966-2000 or 844-697-4865 (toll-free).