Academic Participation/Professional Development and Tuition Waiver Funds
This Agreement is made between the University of Saskatchewan (hereinafter referred to as the "University") and the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 3287 (hereinafter referred to as "CUPE 3287") to merge the Academic Participation/Professional Development Fund and Tuition Waiver Fund.
The parties agree to the following:
- The parties agree to combine the current Academic Participation/Professional Development Fund and the current Tuition Waiver Fund of the equivalent of thirty-six three credit unit tuition waivers per academic year into one fund.
- The University will make available $45,000 annually starting May 1, 2018. The current fund balances will be combined for the 2017 allocation period.
- The new Fund will be for the purposes of academic participation, professional development, or educational upgrading for sessional lecturers.
- Applications will be approved and administered by CUPE 3287 in accordance with existing guidelines. The SJUMC will evaluate and make changes to the guidelines as necessary.
- All reimbursements will be conditional upon submission of appropriate documentation, including proof of attendance and/or successful completion of the course(s) undertaken.
- Approved waiver applications will be provided by CUPE 3287 to Student Accounts and Treasury.
- The total funds claimed and funds approved by CUPE 3287 will be provided by CUPE 3287 to Human Resources for tracking as the administrators of the Fund.
- Unused funds may be carried over to the next fiscal year. The maximum fund balance will be $100,000.