8.2 Clinician Investigator Program
Residents enrolling in the Clinician Investigator Program (CIP) at the successful completion of a postgraduate year are entitled to receive the normal PGY salary advancement for completing the previous PGY level. Residents enrolled in CIP will then remain at the same PGY level for the duration of their enrolment in CIP. Upon completion of the Clinician Investigator Program, the resident will return to their home program, at the same PGY level they held during CIP, to complete training, progressing normally on the salary scale.
Residents enrolling in the CIP in the middle of a postgraduate year will enter CIP at their current PGY salary level. Their next salary increase will align with completion of a PGY level in their home program.
8.3 Employment Insurance Rebate
A Resident designated as Administrative Resident by the appropriate Program Director shall earn stipends and enjoy paid Administrative time for duties as defined in the Resident Handbook based on the following provisions:
- 15 or fewer Residents in Program = minimum 0.5 day per month
- 16 or more Residents in Program = minimum 1.0 day per month
- $164.33 annually per Resident in Program
- Effective January 1, 2016 – $166.63 annually per Resident in Program
- Effective January 1, 2017 – $168.96 annually per Resident in Program
- Where a Resident is designated for a partial year or where two (2) or more Residents share the designation, the annual stipend and allotted time shall be prorated.
- Stipends will be paid at the end of December based on the Program census as of October 15 that year, and at the end of June based on the Program census as of April 15 that year.