October 28, 2020
The PSAC-Graduate Student membership has voted in favour of the parties’ tentative agreement. With this, and the Board’s recent approval, a new four-year collective agreement between PSAC and USask is now in place. Highlights of the new collective agreement include:
- Annual Hourly Wage Adjustments, currently $20.04 to
Year Current 2019 $20.24 2020 $20.85 2021 $21.48 2022 $22.12
- Revised appointments preference system (decreasing from a 5-level system to a 3-level system);
- Updated EDI language that acknowledges the University’s EDI Strategy and Action Plan and the parties’ commitment to achieving/maintaining a representative workforce;
- Posting requirements removed for Teaching Assistant appointments of 5 hours or less per appointment;
- Conditional flexibilities around hours-per-week restrictions in certain employment circumstances;
- Certain administrative requirements (e.g. identifying duties and time allocated to duties) removed for short-term/casual-like appointments.
Congratulations to the parties and our employees in successfully reaching this new collective agreement, which continues to provide employees with equitable and competitive employment terms and conditions.
October 8, 2020
The USask Board of Governors has approved the tentative agreement between PSAC-Graduate Students and USask. The tentative agreement still requires ratification by PSAC-Graduate Students members before implementation can occur. Ratification voting is taking place this month.
September 25, 2020
The university and PSAC – Graduate Students have reached a 4-year tentative agreement today, which will be effective September 1, 2019, to August 31, 2023. This agreement is subject to members of PSAC – Graduate Students ratifying it through a vote, as well as approval from the Board of Governors. Further details about the tentative agreement will be provided publicly after ratification/approval by the respective bodies.
June 25, 2018
The collective agreement between the University of Saskatchewan and the Public Service Alliance of Canada, Local 40004, covering graduate student employees runs from April 23, 2015 through August 31, 2019.
December 14, 2017
- The collective agreement between the University and PSAC was tentatively agreed to on Sept. 12, 2017. Members' ratification vote was held early October, and the members voted in favour of the agreement.
- The Board of Governors approved the collective agreement on the October 13th.
- Implementation planning and efforts have commenced; information sessions will be scheduled and delivered over the next 2-3 months.
October 24, 2017
- The university and PSAC Local 40004, representing graduate student employees, have both approved the recently negotiated tentative agreement.
- The collective agreement is effective April 23, 2015 – August 31, 2019
- Implementation of the first collective agreement is underway
- The highlights document and the unsigned Tentative Agreement are viewable under Employee Agreements
September 13, 2017
The University and the Public Service Alliance of Canada representing graduate student employees have reached a tentative first collective agreement. The agreement is effective April 23, 2015 - August 31, 2019. The details of this agreement will be available pending union ratification and approval by the Board of Governors.
July 25, 2017
- At the request of the parties, the Minister of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety appointed a Labour Relations Officer to assist in the conciliation of a first collective agreement.
- Conciliation is scheduled to begin in September. The main outstanding issues include wages and appointments.
June 27, 2017
Negotiations were held on June 6 and 7. The University and PSAC(Grad Students) have decided to engage with the Ministry of Labour and Workplace Safety to provide mediation support to assist us in reaching an agreement.
May 30, 2017
- First contract negotiations are scheduled to continue on June 6-7.
- On-going consultation with academic leaders continues to be a priority as the university engages in this process.
April 18, 2017
The parties continue to make progress towards a first collective agreement. Negotiations are scheduled to continue on May 2-3.
March 21, 2017
BargainingMeeting dates are scheduled to take place March 21-22, 2017 and May 2-3, 2017.
February 21, 2017
- PSAC and the university continue to make progress on outstanding non-monetary items and have exchanged initial monetary proposals.
- The parties are scheduled to continue negotiations, March 21-22, 2017.
November 29, 2016
The parties are scheduled to meet December 15-16, 2016, to resume first-contract discussions.