June 25, 2018
The collective agreement between the University of Saskatchewan and the Public Service Alliance of Canada, Local 40004, covering graduate student employees runs from April 23, 2015 through August 31, 2019.
December 14, 2017
- The collective agreement between the University and PSAC was tentatively agreed to on Sept. 12, 2017. Members' ratification vote was held early October, and the members voted in favour of the agreement.
- The Board of Governors approved the collective agreement on the October 13th.
- Implementation planning and efforts have commenced; information sessions will be scheduled and delivered over the next 2-3 months.
October 24, 2017
- The university and PSAC Local 40004, representing graduate student employees, have both approved the recently negotiated tentative agreement.
- The collective agreement is effective April 23, 2015 – August 31, 2019
- Implementation of the first collective agreement is underway
- The highlights document and the unsigned Tentative Agreement are viewable under Employee Agreements
September 13, 2017
The University and the Public Service Alliance of Canada representing graduate student employees have reached a tentative first collective agreement. The agreement is effective April 23, 2015 - August 31, 2019. The details of this agreement will be available pending union ratification and approval by the Board of Governors.
July 25, 2017
- At the request of the parties, the Minister of Labour Relations and Workplace Safety appointed a Labour Relations Officer to assist in the conciliation of a first collective agreement.
- Conciliation is scheduled to begin in September. The main outstanding issues include wages and appointments.
June 27, 2017
Negotiations were held on June 6 and 7. The University and PSAC(Grad Students) have decided to engage with the Ministry of Labour and Workplace Safety to provide mediation support to assist us in reaching an agreement.
May 30, 2017
- First contract negotiations are scheduled to continue on June 6-7.
- On-going consultation with academic leaders continues to be a priority as the university engages in this process.
April 18, 2017
The parties continue to make progress towards a first collective agreement. Negotiations are scheduled to continue on May 2-3.
March 21, 2017
BargainingMeeting dates are scheduled to take place March 21-22, 2017 and May 2-3, 2017.
February 21, 2017
- PSAC and the university continue to make progress on outstanding non-monetary items and have exchanged initial monetary proposals.
- The parties are scheduled to continue negotiations, March 21-22, 2017.
November 29, 2016
The parties are scheduled to meet December 15-16, 2016, to resume first-contract discussions.