February 24, 2021
RDoS membership has ratified and the Board has approved the tentative agreement reached by the parties back in January. This forms a new collective agreement between the parties, effective January 1, 2018, through to December 31, 2022. Highlights of the new collective agreement include:
- Annual wage adjustments of 0%, 0%, 1%, 1.5% and 1.5% for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 respectively;
- New weekend premium stipends for 2021 and 2022, capped at $100,000 for each year;
- Change to call conversion provisions effective January 1, 2021;
- Introduction of a direct pay health card for employees.
Implementation of the new terms and conditions will commence shortly.
January 20, 2021
The university and Resident Doctors of Saskatchewan have reached a 5-year tentative agreement, which will be effective January 1, 2018, through to December 31, 2022. This agreement is subject to member ratification as well as approval of the Board of Governors. Details of the tentative agreement will be provided thereafter.
October 17, 2018
The collective agreement between the University of Saskatchewan and the Resident Doctors of Saskatchewan runs from January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2017.
Highlights from the agreement
1.4% increase per year to all salaries and stipends, retroactive for all past and present members of RDoS. This increase applies to the following stipends:
- Call stipends:
- Home Heavy
- Home Light
- In-House Excess Weekday
- In-House Excess Weekend
- ICU/CCU Excess
- Administrative (Chief) Resident Stipends
Clarification of Language to Reflect Current Practices
The contract has been amended to clarify language and application, reflecting current practices. Specific amendments include:
To reduce administrative burden and institutional liability:
- Sick time bank management removes ability to carry a negative balance
- Changed Program Director approval requirement to ability to deny
- Personal property damage, reduced institutional liability from $500 per Resident to $200 per resident and removed claim substantiation requirement
To reflect improved university business practices:
- Letters of Offer streamlined by technology
- Better information sharing regarding benefit availability for leaves
- Ensure vacation is not required for program mandated activities
To clarify language and application:
- Definition of work week and weekend clarified
- Clarified leave allowed for written and oral examinations
- Clarified eligibility for moving leave
- Call practices of a maximum of one in four, rather than the previous one in three
To document existing practices:
- Clinician Investigator Program which allows residents a one year leave to pursue a research program during their residency program, supporting clinician researcher development
- Opthamology Call Scheduling defined
September 24, 2018
The university and Resident Doctors of Saskatchewan (RDoS), formerly the Professional Association of Interns and Residents (PAIRS), have reached a tentative collective agreement. This includes the arbitrators ruling on wage increases, which indicate a 1.4% increase each year of the three-year agreement, commencing January 1, 2015. The increase applies to all wages and stipends for both past and present members.
The collective agreement, including the imposed wage increases, will now be subject to ratification by RDoS and the Board of Governors.