Within fourteen days of this Agreement coming into effect the Employer and the Association shall form a Joint Committee for the Management of the Agreement.
The Committee shall be composed of four representatives each of the Employer and of the Association.
The objectives of the Committee shall be:
- to determine those issues that are specifically placed before it by the terms of this Agreement;
- to review any matters of mutual concern, especially those arising from the management of the Agreement;
- to maintain and develop a spirit of co-operation and mutual respect between the parties;
- to facilitate better working relationships between the Employer and employees;
- to serve as a forum for the exchange of information.
A quorum shall be six (6) members with three representatives of each party.
Two members of this Committee, one from each party, shall be designated by the Committee as joint chairs. They shall alternate in presiding over meetings and they shall be responsible for determining and circulating the agenda and notices.
The Committee shall meet as necessary but at least once a month during the academic year unless otherwise agreed to by both parties. Either party may call a meeting on seven (7) days written notice. The parties shall exchange written agendas at least forty-eight (48) hours in advance of each meeting.